Littleton HVAC Contractor Explains The Rewards Of A New Furnace

Trane Equipment Ad

Was your furnace on the fritz at the end of last winter? With temperatures quickly dropping and the holidays just around the corner, there is no better time than now to upgrade your heating system with a Trane furnace installation.

Although the idea of investing in a new furnace may give you the shivers, you will reap the benefits over the long run. By upgrading to an energy-efficient heating system this season, you can rest assured that you and your family will remain comfortable while spending a lot less.

How to Reap the Rewards of Having An Expert Trane Furnace Installation

With so many new furnace models and efficiency features on the market today, many Littleton homeowners find it difficult to know where to begin when selecting new heating equipment. In order to help you get the most out of your new furnace, here are a few tips and tricks for choosing your heating system and finding the right expert to handle your Trane furnace installation.

    • Understand Efficiency Ratings – All furnaces on the market today are required to display their Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating so that buyers can easily make comparisons between the energy efficiency of various models. In essence, AFUE measures the ratio of the amount of energy that a furnace is capable of converting into usable heat for your home vs. the amount of energy that the system expends in doing so. As a rule, the higher the AFUE, the more efficient the furnace is. For example, the Trane XV 80 furnace has an AFUE of 80%, which indicates that 80% of the energy from its fuel will be used to heat your home while the remaining 20% is lost to your chimney and other areas. Other Trane models, such as the XC95m are more efficient with up to 97.3% AFUE.
    • Look at Efficiency Features – In addition to knowing how to read and understand a furnace’s AFUE, it is important to check out the efficiency features that are available with each model. One excellent feature for heating equipment is a variable-speed air handler (or motor). Unlike standard furnaces which blast hot air at full force for several moments at a time, a system with a variable-speed handler works by turning on at a lower speed and gradually increasing the speed over time. This process allows for a more even distribution of heated air throughout your home while require less energy consumption. Two-Stage heating is another fabulous energy-savings feature that is included in many Trane furnace models. With two-stage gas valves, your furnace will turn on at a low fire position and increase as the heating cycle continues. This works to effectively burn less gas when the weather is moderate, and only consuming more gas when the temperatures are extremely cold. Ultimately, this results in improved home comfort and lowered utility bills.
  • Choose a Quality Contractor
  • – One of the most important factors in receiving a high-quality Trane furnace installation is selecting the best HVAC contractor. With so many options, it can be difficult to know who you can trust. It’s smart to ask your contractor to provide you with references from previous customers and to do some research online by checking local forums. Look for HVAC service providers with an established and reputable company name, and who possess all of the necessary licenses and certifications to perform a Trane furnace installation. It’s also important to ensure that your contractor is carrying a current worker’s compensation insurance policy.

Don’t settle for less than the best. By following these three tips, you can ensure a quality Trane furnace installation.