Happy New Year’s everyone. This year, what are your New Year’s resolutions? Are you looking to lose those holiday extra pounds? Or maybe, you are thinking about saving money. Well, what about saving energy and saving money? In today’s world, energy gets more and more expensive and thus less and less available. There are many things that we can do to save energy in 2013, and for our future generations.
If you truly want to save money and energy in 2013, this first thing you must address is your energy consumption in your home. You can locate this information on Xcel’s website by simply accessing your account. There are various charts and data that show exactly how much energy you are using in your home, and what the standard should be.
Gauging your energy efficiency for air conditioners and furnaces
Here is where to start if you truly want to save money and save energy. Check out estimates by Energy Star, who states that your heating and cooling combined energy usages should make up about half of your home’s energy bill.
- Efficiency Ratings: Furnaces have the AFUE ratings and air conditioners have a SEER rating. The higher these rating are the more efficient your furnace or air conditioner is. Southwest Heating and Cooling will service any brand of furnace or air conditioner, however as a Trane Comfort Specialist Southwest Heating and Cooling installs Trane furnaces and air conditioners, serving the Denver, Littleton and all of the surrounding Denver areas including Aurora.
- Furnace: One of our most energy efficient furnaces is the Trane XV95 Gas Furnace. This furnace will operate at a 96.7 AFUE rating. This furnace is a two-stage heating unit with a variable speed blower motor.
- Comfortable, even heating:
Variable-speed fan motor adjusts speed to provide a consistent flow of warm, comfortable air with quiet operation.
- Durable construction:
Materials for all components are tested again and again for long-lasting performance and durability.
- Contact your local HVAC company: Schedule a free estimate with one of Southwest Heating and Cooling Comfort Specialist today, and see how we can save you and your family energy and money in 2013.
- Xcel Rebates: If you upgrade your furnace and or air conditioner to a energy-efficient model you may be eligible for an Xcel rebate up to $1000.
Don’t hesitate and call us today: 303-647-4190. Or click on the Free Estimate link to schedule an appointment with a certified Trane Comfort Specialist today.